Roast chicken with soy sauce
Member recipe by selina_c
- 1 Chicken,
- 3 Tablespoons of butter,
- Thyme, Rosemary, Basil, Oregano
- 1 Onion
- Garlic Cloves
- Half a Lemon
- Soy Sauce.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Rinse/clean and pat dry your chicken. Place it in a foil lined pan and let it chill.
- Combine your butter and herbs and mix it all up.
- Put the butter mixture on the chicken and rub it onto the skin. Now squeeze the juice of your lemon on top of your butter mixture (and save it!)
- Slice an onion in a half, grab your garlic cloves and your squeezed lemon and shove it in your chicken's cavity.
- In a 180 degree oven your chicken goes for at least an hour and a half. Ultimately the time it takes to cook will depend on how big your chicken is. Mine was 8 pounds and I kept him in there for 2 hours.
- Half way through your cooking time, open up the oven and pour on some soy sauce all over the chicken & sprinkle on some paprika.
- The chicken should now be left to cook for the remaining time.