The Basics of cooking Pasta
Member recipe by cherrysparkles
Pasta, noodles, Gnocchi, pasta is delicious and this is the basics of cooking it!
- Bring a large pan to the boil. But not just bubbling but so it looks as if it is 'rolling' on top.
- Pasta: Depending on how many people you are serving, add the right amount of pasta. Leave in the boiling water for about six or seven minutes (or how it says on the packet)
- Try a piece from the pot if you are unsure whether it is ready. REMEMBER IT WILL BE HOT!
- Gnocchi: Add the gnocchi to the boiling water (but remember not to have too much because it is very filling)
- You will notice how much starch appears on the top of the water, be sure to spoon this into the sink because otherwise you will not be able to determine whether the gnocchi is ready or not.
- When all the gnocchi pieces have risen to the top of the water, you will know that it is ready. Drain with a colander.
- Spaghetti: Hold one end of the spaghetti and gently press it into the boiling water, use a spoon to keep the ends under the water and then finish cooking like pasta. :-)