Hot Spiced Cider
Member recipe by 619morgan333
Presentation matters! Served in scooped-out apple mugs, this warm, soothing cider will become an instant family favorite. And at just 123 calories, it's just as guilt-free as it is tasty.
- 8 cups apple cider or apple juice
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 stick cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- Small apple slices
- In a saucepan combine cider and brown sugar.
- For spice bag, tie cinnamon, allspice, and cloves in double layer of 100-percent-cotton cheesecloth.
- Add the spice bag to the cider mixture.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the spice bag; discard.
- Serve cider in mugs with small apple slices, if desired.