The Best Cheesy Croutons
Member recipe by mrrobbiejones
ServingsServes 1 - 16 Pieces
These cheesy croutons are great to top soup or even to eat on their own! They are very addictive!
- Quarter of a sheet of ready rolled Filo Pastry
- 30g Mature Cheese, grated finely
- 1 Egg
- Sprinkle of pepper
- Cut the quarter of sheet of filo pastry into strips, and then into 1cm spuares
- Coat the top of the croutons with a whisked egg and place on top of each one, a small pile of grated cheese
- Sprinkle liberally with pepper and place in the middle of the oven for 10 minutes, or until golden brown on top, on gas mark 6.
- Serve hot on top of soup or cold as a midday snack