Gracie's Spaghetti Carbonara
Member recipe by cherrysparkles
- 375g Dried spaghetti or 450g fresh spaghetti
- For the sauce:
- 200g of streaky bacon
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of single cream
- Ground black pepper
- 60g of grated Parmesan cheese
- 20g of grated medium cheddar cheese
- 40g butter
- 1 level tablespoon of diced (finely) parsley
- Peel and chop the onion and cut off the rind of the bacon. Cut the rashers into pieces of about five varying on the length of the rasher. Peel and crush the cloves of garlic.
- Cook the spaghetti to the instructions on the packet.
- Heat the oil gently in the pan, and add the onion and garlic. Put the bacon in and fry until brown and crispy.
- Use a fork to beat the cream, eggs, a pinch of black pepper, and all of the cheddar and most of the Parmesan. Make sure the mixture is very creamy.
- When the spaghetti is finished cooking, drain it and pop it back in the pan. Melt in the butter and toss it until all the pasta is coated.
- Using tongs, remove the bacon from the onions and garlic. Mix the bacon into the creamy cheese sauce.
- Stir the cheese and bacon sauce into the spaghetti until it is evenly spread. Serve in four pasta plates or bowls. Then serve it immediately. :-)