Cheesy Potato and Bacon Layer
Member recipe by jeff3bell
A very tasty combination of two ingredients you love. Not so good for those on a diet!
- 700g potatoes, peeled
- 40g butter
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 225g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 8 rashers back bacon, derinded and cut into strips
- 225ml single cream
- Preheat oven to 190C. Parboil potatoes for 10 minutes. Drain, cool slightly and thickly slice.
- Melt 25g butter and fry onion until golden. Stir in cheese, thyme and seasoning.
- Butter up an ovenproof dish and layer up potatoes, onion mixture and bacon. Pour cream over and cook for 1 hour 15 min until golden. Serve with garden peas.