Peanut butter choc banana cake
Member recipe by baking-joy
A twist on the classic banana cake, adding chocolate and peanut butter!
- 120ml sunflower oil
- 225g light muscovado sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 225g self-raising flour
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 150ml natural yoghurt
- 50g dark or milk chocolate chips
- 3 large Reese's peanut butter cups (if you can't get hold of these, use extra chocolate chips)
- 50g smooth peanut butter + 20g for swirling
- Preheat oven to Gas4/180C. Line a 2lb loaf tin with baking paper (or use a loaf tin liner). Using a whisk, mix together the oil, sugar and eggs (1 at a time). Beat in the 50g peanut butter.
- Sift flour into bowl and fold into mixture.
- Mash bananas and fold into mixture with the natural yoghurt.
- Chop peanut butter cups and fold into mixture, along with the chocolate chips. Pour mixture into loaf tin.
- Melt the 20g of peanut butter on the hob or in a microwave. Dollop the runny peanut butter on top of the mixture and swirl with a fork.
- Bake for around 1hr 20 mins until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean. Check cake after 1hr and place foil on top if you feel it's getting too dark.