Bella Swans lasagne
Member recipe by twilight001
- 2 tbsp Of Oil
- 2 Large Onions, Diced
- 2 Cloves Of Garlic, Sliced
- 1 tsp Oregano, Dried
- 300g Pack Of Lean Minced Meat
- 2 Large Carrots, Sliced
- 80g Mushrooms, Sliced
- 2 x 400g Cans Chopped Tomatoes
- 20 Basil Leaves , Roughly Torn
- 250g Pack Of Fresh Lasagne
- FOR THE WHITE SAUCE
- 600ml Milk
- 50g Of Butter
- 50g Of Flour
- Fry the onions and garlic in the oil for a few mins until golden. Add the oregano and minced meat and fry for till browned, stirring frequently. Add the Carrots and fry till soft then add mushrooms. Tip in the tomatoes, season and bubble uncovered for 5 mins. Leave on the heat and stir in the basil.
- Meanwhile, make the white sauce. Pour the milk into a pan and tip in the butter and flour. Whisk continuously over a moderate heat to incorporate the flour, then simmer, stirring until thickened.
- Spoon a third of the tomato sauce on the base of a lasagne dish. Top with a third of the lasagne sheets. Then top with a third sauce, a third lasagne, the last of the tomato sauce and finally the last sheets of lasagne. Pour over the white sauce and scatter with the cheese and an extra grating of nutmeg. Chill. If eating straight away, bake at 190C/170C fan/gas 5 for 40 mins until golden and bubbling. Scatter with basil, if you like, and serve with a salad and garlic bread.
- To freeze, cool completely, then wrap in cling film, then foil. Will store for 3 months. To serve, thaw for 6 hrs in a cool place. Unwrap and bake at 190C/170C fan/gas 5 for 50-60 mins until thoroughly heated through.