Fiery Hot Chocolate
Member recipe by anya19
- 200ml full fat milk
- Rind of an orange
- Pinch of dried chilli flakes
- Cinnamon stick
- 3 teaspoons of good quality hot chocolate (preferably pure chocolate flakes)
- Whipped cream, to serve (optional)
- Peel the rind off the orange and place in a saucepan along with the milk, chilli flakes and cinnamon stick.
- Bring to the boil then remove the pan from the heat. Allow the flavours to infuse for at least 5 minutes, then whisk in the hot chocolate powder or flakes.
- Return to the hob to warm through to ensure the chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour through a sieve to remove the orange rind, chilli flakes and cinnamon stick.
- Serve in your favourite mug garnished with whipped cream, orange rind and extra chilli flakes if you wish for a warm and spicey brew that would go down a treat on Bonfire night.