Roast Vegetable Ciabatta
Member recipe by voice1
ServingsServes 1 - 4 Sandwiches
- 1 aubergine diced
- 1 red pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 green pepper seeded and sliced
- 2 red onions cut into wedges
- 2 courgettes sliced
- 4 ripe tomatoes cut into wedges
- 8 Opies pickled walnuts sliced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 100 ml passata
- 1 small large or 4 focaccia/ciabatta bread - warmed
- Pre heat oven to 180C/ 350F/ Gas 4.
- Place the aubergine, peppers, onions and courgettes into a large roasting pan.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes after 15 minutes.
- Stir in the passata and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Slice the ciabatta/focaccia in half and spoon the vegetables onto the base.
- Sprinkle with sliced pickled walnuts and cover with the top half of the bread.