Healthy Fruit Cake /or Loaf
Member recipe by hannahelou
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Cake
- 2 cups of whole grain flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 carrot (shredded)
- 1 and 1/2 sweet apple (thinly chopped)
- 1 ripe banana (diced)
- 1 orange juice
- 1/2 medium cup dates (thinly chopped)
- 1/2 medium cup of nuts (your choice; chopped)
- Zest of one lemon and one orange
- 2 shots of Whiskey
- 1 tsp spoon of cinnamon
- 1 medium cup of hot water (+ or -)
- In a bowl, whisk your eggs; add the shredded carrot, diced banana, orange juice, zests, cinnamon and Whiskey. Whisk all ingredients very well.
- In another bowl, sift your flower
- Add your flour mixture to your liquid mixture in 2 steps and stir to combine. Also, fold in your apples, dates and nuts to combine. Have your hot cup of water ready to help you mix your cake. Bear in mind it will end up to be a thick mixture.
- Pour in your mixture in a greased round pan or bread loaf pan. Since it is thick, you will need a spatula to shape it.
- Give your pan few taps to set your mixture well and then put it in your pre-heated oven (180 - 200 celsius). It will take you 35 to 40 min before you can experience this piece of health health health.
- Don't expect your kids or your sugar/butter junkie sister and her husband to love it. Only healthy people can appreciate what you just baked!