Penny Lane Beef Burger
Member recipe by cjgerman
ServingsServes 1 - 6 Portions
The world famous beef burger sold at the world famous Penny Lane Coffee Shop. Plenty of flavour, very very juicy. Enjoy
- 1kg Steak/Beef Mince
- 1 medium sized red onion (sliced)
- 3 cloves of fresh garlic (grated)
- 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp of fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 100g of breadcrumb
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Place the mince in a large mixing bowl and set to one side.
- In a food processor, add the red onion, garlic, mustard and breadcrumb and blitz into a paste.
- Add the paste to the beef mince along with the parsley and some salt and pepper and give everything a good mix - ensuring a nice and even distribution of all ingredients.
- Take a small golf ball size portion of the mix and form into a small burger and cook on the grill. This is to check that the seasoning is correct. If you think you need a little more salt or pepper, you can add it here before the final burgers are formed. Always remember, you can always add but you can never takeaway.
- Once your happy with the seasoning, form the burgers by hand so that they are about an inch thick and place them on a plate that has been wrapped in cling film. You should get between 6 and 8 burgers.
- Lightly cover the burgers in cling film and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. I like to have them in there overnight, giving all the flavours time to infuse.
- Cook on a hot grill or griddle for around 8 minutes on each side. Place on a delicious toasted Ciabatta and top with whatever your imagination can come up with. At Penny Lane Coffee Shop we top with unsmoked back bacon and emmenthal cheese. Beautiful. Enjoy! Done!