Almond and Cinnamon Cake
Member recipe by wildcard2011
Almond and Cinnamon Cake. This deliciously moist cake is gluten and lactose free!
- 5 medium free range eggs
- 200g ground almonds
- 200g Billington's Golden Caster Sugar
- 15g ground cinnamon
- 50g almond flakes
- 15ml Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Extract
- For decoration:
- Cinnamon sticks
- Billington's Golden Icing Sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C / 160C fan / Gas 4 and grease and line a 9 inch cake tin with baking parchment.
- Using two bowls, separate the eggs placing the whites in one bowl and the yolks in another.
- Using an electric handheld or freestanding mixer, whisk the egg whites until stiff, and in the other bowl, whisk together the yolks, vanilla extract and sugar until completely pale and aerated.
- Slowly fold in the ground almonds and the cinnamon into the egg yolk mixture, being careful not to lose any air.
- Next slowly add the egg white mixture, carefully folding in after each addition so you don't lose any of the air in the mixture.
- Pour into the lined cake tin and sprinkle with the flaked almonds.
- Place in the oven and bake for around 35-45 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Once the cake is completely cooled, remove from the tin and place onto a cake stand, sprinkle with icing sugar and decorate with some broken cinnamon bark in the centre.