Gluten free banana pancakes
Member recipe by hannahvb39
Yummy american-style banana pancakes!!! So light and fluffy and perfect for that sunday morning treat........
- 135g gluten free self raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2tbsp caster sugar
- 100ml milk
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2tbsp olive oil
- Handful of chopped nuts, chocolate chips or raisins (optional)
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar into a bowl.
- Whisk the egg, milk and oil together and pour into the flour. Add the banana and using a fork beat until you have a smooth batter. There will still be some lumps because of the banana but ensure all the flour is mixed in.
- Leave it to stand for about 10 minutes, the mixture will thicken and fill with air bubbles.
- Heat a frying pan and add a little butter or oil. Add a ladle of batter and cook until the top of the pancake begins to bubble. Turn and cook until both sides are golden brown. Ensure the heat isn't too high or you will burn the outside with the inside not being cooked through.