(Hot) hot chocolate
Member recipe by tammy_d
Great slow cooker hot chocolate for coming home to after autumn & winter school runs. With Dairy and Wheat free option.
- 250g good quality chocolate, Dark or No less than 60% coco milk chocolate (We use a dairy and wheat free option,as my youngest has allergies.)
- 450ml semi skimmed milk (again, we use same quantity soya milk,which works as well)
- 4 (heaped) tbsp light brown sugar.
- Optional pinch of Chilli Flakes. This is what makes it a (Hot) hot chocolate, but you can leave these out or put peppermint essence, orange flavoring.
- 2 shots (about 20ml) Jack Daniels or similar spirit. Optional, for when it's just for the grown-ups.
- Marshmallows, cream, chocolate sprinkles to serve, if req.
- Break chocolate and add to slow cooker with milk.
- Stir throughly, adding the sugar. Stir after each tbsp. Add flavoring (chilli flakes, etc) if you require.
- Leave in slow cooker for around 1hr 40- 2hrs. Stir around every 30-40 mins to stop chocolate sticking to bottom. After stirring once, add spirits if you req.
- Serve into mugs, adding any topping (marshmallows, sprinkles, cream).