Member recipe by baxter12
a great recipie for people that like white sauce and pasta with meat
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion
- 50g bacon, chopped (optional)
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 250g white sauce
- 4 sheets of egg lasagnue
- 1/2 a finely chopped mushroom
- 1/2 a finely chopped yellow and red pepper
- Finely chop the onion. Cut the bacon using kitchen scissors.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan. Add the onion (and bacon, if using) and fry gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the can of tomatoes, tomato puree, sugar and seasoning, chopped mushrooms and chopped peppers.
- Simmer gently, uncovered for about 15 minutes stirring occasionly.
- Add 4 pasta sheets to boiling water for 10-15 minutes until soft 'al dente'. Drain pasta in a colinder, rinse with cold water.
- Put a sheet of egg lasagnue in a deep, rectangular dish and layer tomato based sauce on top. Layer the white sauce on then put another sheet of egg lasagnue on top. Layer more white sauce on top and tomato based sauce then a sheet of egg lasagnue. Do the same for the last one as above. Layer cheese sauce on top of the egg lasagnue and put in the oven for about half an hour at 190.