Member recipe by lina_k
A great hearty option to surprise your loved ones on a chilly autumn night.
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- Half yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- Half red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced or finely chopped
- 2 bonless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 100g mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp all purpose spices
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried parsley (or 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley but then add it at the end)
- 0.5 tsp salt
- Ground pepper to taste
- 1-2 tsp tomato puree
- 3 generous tbsp creme fraiche
- 500g pasta
- 1-2 tbsp grated parmesan or extra mature cheddar (optional)
- 1/2 lime juice
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat. Add a splash of olive oil and fry onions for a couple of minutes, add sliced peppers and garlic and continue frying until soft. Tip in mushrooms and fry for another couple of minutes.
- Add chicken and fry until it is of nice golden colour. Season with spices, paprika, parsley (if dried), salt and pepper.
- Add tomato puree and creme fraiche and stir well. The sauce will be slightly too think so add a few tablespoons of pasta water. Reduce the heat, cover and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Boil a kettle of water and cook your pasta according to cooking instructions on the packaging (al dente is the best).
- Check on sauce and serve (sprinkle with grated cheese and squeeze some lime over it before it reaches the table).