Real Apple Crumble
Member recipe by chris210
An apple crumble that captures all the memories of my childhood in one dish.
- 2 cooking apples
- 50g dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Crumble Topping
- 150g plain flour
- 90g light brown sugar
- 100g butter (cubed at room temperature)
- Preheat the oven to 180 Deg C. Peal and core apples, cut half into thin slices, half into small cubes. Put in a large bowl, mix with dark brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Put flour and sugar in a bowl, rub in the butter until it is like thick bread crumbs.
- Put filling into a pie dish, pour crumble topping on top, press down lightly then make patterns with a fork. Fleck with butter and (sparingly) and dust with golden sugar.
- Bake for 40 minutes then serve with custard.