Pork & bellaverde stir fry
Member recipe by mustardcomms
- 500g pork tenderloin
- 2 tbsp light soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine or dry sherry
- 2.5cm piece root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 tsp Chinese five spice
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 tbsp vegetable stock or water
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 orange pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 200g bellaverde broccoli cut into 5cm pieces
- 6 spring onion, trimmed and cut into 5cm lengths
- 100g mangetout
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Diagonally slice the pork into 2cm cubes. Mix the sugar. wine, ginger, spice and hoisin sauce together in a bowl, add the pork and stir to coat. Leave to marinate for at least 10 mins.
- Heat half the oil, add the pork and the marinade and stir fry over a high heat for about 8 mins or until the pork is brown, and sticky. Add 4 tbsp the stock and scrape up the sediment in the pan. Transfer to a clean bowl and keep warm.
- Wipe out the wok, add the remaining oil and add the garlic, pepper, broccoli and remaining stock, stir fry over a high heat for 4 mins, add the mangetout, spring onions and stir fry for a further 3 mins. Remove from the heat.
- Divide the vegetables between four bowls, then top with the pork. Serve with chopsticks.