Hot Cardamon Bananas
Member recipe by elenawilliams1
- 4 bananas, not too ripe
- 75g unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- A little lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons soft light brown sugar
- 6 cardamon pods, husks removed and the seeds crushed
- 1 tablespoon flaked almonds
- Creme fraiche to serve
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Peel and slice bananas diagonally to give elongated ovals. Butter a baking dish and place bananas in dish with sugar and cardamon.
- Squeeze over a little lemon juice and bake for 7 minutes or so until the sugar has melted.
- Remove from oven and baste the bananas with the pan juices. Add the butter and scatter over the almonds. Return to the oven for another 7 minutes until the bananas are soft and the almonds are golden and crisp.
- Serve hot with creme fraiche.