Sweet Tamarind Pickle
Member recipe by parbee
This is an on-the-way recipe, which you can savour with anything. You an also gulp it whenever you feel like having it. Extremely sinful recipe for a very easy tamarind pickle.
- 1 full tamarind packet (pulpy with seeds)
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of jaggery
- 2 tbsp whole cumin
- 2 tbsp aniseeds
- salt/black salt to taste
- Roast the cumin and the aniseed in a wok till you smell the aroma. Keep the mixture aside to cool. Once it has cooled down, couse ground the mixer. Keep it aside. Tips: The aroma will be more pungent if you use mortar & pestle to grind the mixture.
- Mash the tamarind with your hands and remove the stems to make it smoother.
- In a wok, add the mashed tamarind and add the masala to it. Add the sugar and the jaggery with it.
- Over the fire, stir the mixture repeatedly to mix the sugar and the jaggery.
- Add the rock salt or salt to taste. Cool down the mixture and put it in the air tight jar. Place the pickle for two day in the sun to bring out the flavor.