Banana Courgette Loaf Cake
Member recipe by lovetobake
A healthier treat to use up a garden glut of courgettes and blackened bananas, making it deliciously moist
- 200g wholemeal plain flour
- 100 plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 70g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 130g sultanas
- 85g soft brown sugar
- 60ml vegetable oil
- 1 heaped tbsp low fat natural yoghurt
- 225g courgette, grated
- 170g ripe banana, mashed (about 2 normal sized bananas)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/350F/gas mark 4.
- Grease with butter and line a medium (2lb) loaf tin.
- Sift together the flours, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon, with a pinch of salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the sugar, walnuts and sultanas.
- In a separate bowl combine the remaining ingredients, before gently folding into the dry mixture.
- Spoon the cake mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until the cake is risen and golden brown. If the loaf is browning too quickly cover loosely with aluminium foil.
- Leave to cool in the tin before turning out. Serve cut into thick slices, spread with butter if liked.