Chicken Mash Pie
Member recipe by immytee
- 1tsp veg oil
- 1 Large Potato
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Veg (e.g. sweetcorn and french beans, mushrooms etc.)
- 1/4 onion, sliced
- 1/4 garlic clove
- For the Sauce
- 10g butter
- 1tsp flour
- 75ml milk
- 50ml chicken stock
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Chop the potato into chunks, then boil until tender. Drain and mash with a little seasoning, butter and milk.
- Prepare veg as appropriate (boil sweetcorn/beans, fry mushrooms etc)
- Put oil in pan. Cut chicken into chunks and fry until tender, set aside. Add onion and garlic and fry. When done, add chicken onions and garlic to veg.
- For sauce: Melt the butter in a saucepan, stir in the flour and cook for about half a minute, stirring constantly until it has formed a thick smooth paste
- Mix the milk and stock together in a jug, season to taste. Pour the liquid slowly into the flour mixture, whisking all the time until smooth. Simmer over a gentle heat, stirring constantly, for about two minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Pour sauce over chicken and veg misture, mix well and spoon into pie dish. Add mash ontop and cook in the oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown on top.