Lois's look-no-further houmous
Member recipe by manamana
- 2 tins chickpeas
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 fat or 2 skinny garlic cloves
- Reserved juice from chickpeas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp paprika
- Open the chickpea cans - put the chickpeas in one bowl and reserve the brine in another bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the chickpeas, plus a splash of the reserved brine. Blend with a hand blender until smooth. Add more brine as you blend to achieve desired consistency.
- I reckon it tastes pretty perfect at this point, but if you disagree, adjust to your own taste.
- Store in the fridge, the flavours should improve overnight.