Member recipe by naomi98
Perfect for a girls birthday or even just to take along to a party this is moist and is lower than you think!
- 150g of raising flour
- 150g of Extra Light Flora (now It says not to bake with it but this recipe loves it, it makes it moist and low on the fat!)
- 2 eggs
- Vanilla essence ( 2 caps)
- 150g white sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 200g of icing sugar
- drops of lilac food colouring ( or preferred colouring! )
- Sheet of icing
- icing sugar (for dusting)
- Lilac sugar
- sugar Butterfly's (Mine are from sainsburys)
- Preheat oven to 200C and grease and flour a small baking tin.
- Whisk all cake ingredients together and spoon into the baking tin. Cook for 200c for 20-25 minutes however you may need 5-10 minutes longer depending on your oven.
- Meanwhile Whisk two egg whites ( I used pasteurised) add in the weighed icing sugar and then add the food colouring. Leave aside in a bowl in the fridge.
- When the cake is cooled and out of the oven. Cut in half and spoon in the mixture saving 2 tablespoons of it.
- Roll out your icing and paint with the left over purple royal icing and cover the cake.
- Stick the butterfly's and sugar on using a pastry brush and a watery mixture of icing sugar and water.
- Then lay back and let family and friends enjoy your cooking.