Heavenly Chocolate Cake
Member recipe by jessica_k
ServingsServes 1 - 20 Slices
This chocolate cake is to die for ! Not advisable for people dieting. Highly advisable for chocolate lovers!!
- For the Cake:
- 250 g butter
- 300 g light muscovado sugar
- 200 g all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 5 eggs
- 150 g dark chocolate (preferably "Poulain") MELTED
- 150 g sweet chocolate
- *YOU CAN ADJUST THE DARK AND SWEET CHOCOLATE AMOUNTS.
- For the icing
- 200 g Dark chocolate
- 200 ml double cream
- Preheat the oven 240C/gas
- Mix the butter and sugar with electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add in eggs one by one and mix after each addition. Add in vanilla. (add a couple of tbsp of flour if the mixture splits)
- Beat in the melted chocolate.
- Fold in the rest of the dry ingredients and mix well. add a cup of milk if the mixture was hard to mix.
- Put the mixture in a greased round cake tin and in the oven on 240C for 5 minutes then on 160C for 1 hour.
- FOR THE ICING:
- use a pot with a thick base to melt in the chocolate WITH the double cream. Keep stirring till you get a viscous homogenous chocolate mixture
- Using a large spoon spread the icing on the cake WHEN IT IS WELL COOLED and put in the fridge for the icing to get harder.