Hummus a la Lymnos (Greece)
Member recipe by gaybutterfahrt
- 200 gm dried chickpeas, soaked overnight in cold water, drained
- 1 lemon's juice (about 100mL)
- 1/4 of a lemon's zest (outermost rind)- must be very finely julienned.
- 3 tablespoon best virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove- crushed ala Jamie Oliver, then fine brunoise
- Pinch of dill- finely crushed.
- 1tsp Sea salt
- 1tsp ground black pepper
- 1 saucepan
- 1 blender
- or sieve (colander)+ soup-ladle and bowl large enough to fit sieve.
- 1 thoroughly rinsed old tea-towel (optional)