Member recipe by oliviablundell
- Treacle Tart
- Treacle tart makes two 12inch tarts OR half the recipe for one tart
- 600g white bread crumbs
- 300g-butter cook to beurre noisette
- 120g golden syrup
- 4 eggs
- 150ml double cream
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 120ml lemon zest
- 1 tbsp Neilsen-Massey vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp salt
- For the pastry
- 380g Allinson Nature Friendly plain white flour
- 150gr butter
- 150gr Billington'Âs golden caster sugar
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- Â½ tsp Neilsen-Massey vanilla extract
- Warm the syrup on the stove, whisk in the cooked butter then add the breadcrumbs.
- Remove from the stove and add the rest of the ingredients and put aside
- For the pastry, cream the butter till smooth (but do not over beat) then add the sugar, vanilla essence, salt and cream till smooth, again do not over beat.
- Add the eggs and sifted flour and mix untill just incorporated and do not over mix.
- Then leave to rest for approx 2 hrs, roll out the pastry to 0.5cm thick, and then line the buttered and floured mould with the pastry.
- Line with baking parchment and then baking beans, bake in the oven at 180oc for approx 30 minutes, leave to cool, then add the filling and cook this at 165oc for twenty minutes.