Chicken and Chorizo Risotto
Member recipe by amlawren
Although this isn't made with risotto rice, the richness of the chorizo and the addition of butter and Parmesan cheese make this a nice rich meal, and more similar to risotto than a normal rice dish. Always a favourite with our family!
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Chorizo, chopped
- 1 Red pepper, finely sliced
- 1 Yellow pepper, finely sliced
- 2 Chicken breasts, chopped
- 2 Onions, finely chopped
- 3 Cups of Basmati rice / enough for 4 people
- 1 and quarter pints vegetable or chicken stock
- Glug of white wine (optional)
- Tin of sweetcorn
- Handful of frozen peas
- Generous shaving of Parmesan cheese
- Knob of butter
- Fry the onion in a large pan until soft. In a separate frying pan, fry the peppers until brown around the edges and soft. Put peppers aside.
- In the pepper pan, fry the chicken pieces on a high heat until golden brown and cooked through. Place aside and keep warm
- Add rice to onion. Fry for 2 minutes. Add wine if using and stir till evaporated. Gradually add the stock, ladle by ladle.
- Once all liquid has been absorbed and rice is soft enough, add Chorizo, cooked chicken, peppers and the sweetcorn and frozen peas. Stir for a further 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Allow the chorizo juices to seep into the rice. Add the Parmesan and knob of butter. Stir through and season to taste. Serve immediately, with crusty bread and alioli.