Blueberry & Almond Muffins
Member recipe by gazelleie
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Muffins
A delicious, extremely easy and healthy recipe perfect for adults and kids alike!
- 100g ground almonds
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp milk
- 100g butter
- 3 drops vanilla essence
- 3 small handfuls of blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180c/fan.
- To make the almond paste mix ground almonds, sugar and eggs, until it makes a reasonably thick mix.
- Next, in a large separate bowl cream the butter until soft and creamy.
- Then scrape the almond paste into the butter and mix thoroughly.
- Add the flour. The mixture will become very stiff but don't worry. Just add the milk and vanilla essence. Add the blueberries and mix carefully.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of the mixture into the cupcake cases and place the tray into the centre of the oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until slightly golden and a skewer comes clean out of the muffin when poked.
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Then enjoy with some fresh blueberries on the side.