Sticky Summer Chicken Thighs
Member recipe by lalahallas
My adaptation of Nigel Slaters honey chicken thighs. Perfect served with corn on the cob and a salad, or with rice.
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns
- 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp of clear runny honey
- 1 dollop of wholegrain mustard to your taste
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 10 boneless chicken thighs, skin on or off
- sea salt, to taste
- Crush the sea salt, peppercorns and garlic.
- Squeeze the juice of the lemons and sieve it in to a large bowl. Add the honey, Worcestershire sauce and the mustard and mix thoroughly. Add the crushed salt, garlic and peppercorns and mix again.
- Place the chicken in to a roasting dish, ensuring they are not over lapping. Pour the marinade over the chicken and rub in. Leave in the fridge to marinate for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Daub a thin glazing of honey over the thighs and place in a preheated oven at 200C (fan, a little higher for a conventional oven) and cook for 45 minutes, turning half way through.