Member recipe by munatycooking
- 1 cup all purpose flour + 1 tbsp to coat the blueberries
- 3 tbsp chilled butter
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar + extra for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk + some for brushing
- 3 drops vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- In a bowl, sift flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Add vanilla and butter, mix with 2 forks or a pastry cutter until it starts to look like breadcrumbs. My trick is to stab the flour and butter with my whisk, this works nicely too.
- Add the evaporated milk and fold gently. The dough will be very sticky, don't worry, that's how it should be.
- Coat blueberries with 1 tablespoon of flour, this will stop the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the scones. Add blueberries to dough and fold gently. Do not over mix.
- Sprinkle flour on the baking sheet then transfer the dough to it. Dust your hands with flour and shape the dough to 3/4 inch high disk.
- Flour a knife and cut the dough in 4 slices, brush with evaporated milk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 15 â 20 minutes or until golden. Leave to cool on cooling rack.