Parsnip & Ginger Soup
Member recipe by mustardcomms
Theres no need to peel parsnips for this recipe, give them a good wash and chop them up for a quick and easy soup the whole family will love. For more recipes visit www.britishcarrots.co.uk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 750g parsnips
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2cm piece root ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1.2ltr (2pts) vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp creme fraiche
- to serve: chopped parsley and a little ground paprika
- the oil in a large pan, add the onion and saute for 3-4mins or until pale golden. Meanwhile, wash the parsnips, trim the ends and chop them into even sized chunks.
- Add the parsnips to the pan along with the garlic and ginger, saute for 2 mins, stirring. Pour in the stock and a little seasoning. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20-25 mins or until the parsnips are tender.
- Use a stick blender to puree the soup until its nice and smooth. Add the creme fraiche and taste for seasoning. Serve hot in bowls, sprinkled with a little parsley or paprika if liked.