Crunch Coated Parsnip Chips
Member recipe by mustardcomms
- 750g parsnips
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven in 220oC (Fan 200oc) Gas Mark 7. Place a large roasting tin in the oven to heat up.
- Peel the parsnips, then cut them into evenly sized chunky chips about 2cm in diameter. Place them in a large pan, cover with water add the salt and bring to the boil.
- Let them boil for 2 mins, then remove from the heat and drain. Return to the pan and add the oil and toss to coat. Shake the flour, mustard, pepper over the parsnips, then stir until evenly coated.
- Remove the hot roasting tin from the oven, tip in the parsnips and shake so that the chips are in a single layer. Roast for 25-30 mins, turning the chips half way through the cooking time until they are golden and crisp. Serve straight away sprinkled with a little salt if liked.