Strawberry Rhubarb Compote
Member recipe by sageandsound
Sweet & summery compote to pour on your breakfast, yogurt, or mix into your favorite cocktail!
- 2 long stalks of rhubarb, sliced thinly in small pieces
- 10 frozen or fresh strawberries
- 64 g. sugar
- 32 g. honey
- 25 g. fresh lemon juice
- 64 g. lemonade
- Pre-heat burner to medium high heat.
- Combine all the ingredients in a small pot on medium high heat. Allow to boil for about 4-5 minutes, then bring to a simmer.
- Allow to simmer for about 20 minutes on medium to low heat, stirring occasionally. Compote will be done when strawberries are completely soft and broken down, and the rhubarb is mostly broken down and slightly transparent.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Pour over greek yogurt, cereal, pancakes, or anything your heart desires! Refrigerate the remainder of the compote.