Lime and coconut chicken
Member recipe by bottlegreen
Perfect to pop on the barbeque, these tasty kebabs can be made ahead for a relaxed gathering of family and friends, simply serve with a crisp and crunchy salad.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 6 tbsps bottlegreen lime and coconut cordial
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 lime
- 1 large red chilli, finely chopped
- 225g long grain rice
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, cut into small cubes
- 400ml can coconut milk
- Bunch fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Wooden barbeque sticks, soaked in water for 20mins
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces, thread onto the wooden kebab sticks. Mix together the cordial, crushed garlic, zest and juice of the lime, half of the chilli and 2 tbsps of olive oil, pour a little of the dressing over the chicken sticks to lightly coat, reserve the remainder, marinate for at least 20 mins.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and the remaining chilli, soften over a gentle heat. Add the rice and stir, pour in the coconut milk, fill the can with water and add, stir and simmer for 10 mins, add the red pepper cubes and cook for a further 10 mins, stirring at regular intervals until the rice is cooked. Stir in the chopped coriander.
- Cook the chicken skewers on the barbeque or in a griddle pan for approx. 15-20 mins until cooked through, turning at regular intervals.
- Serve the chicken skewers on a bed of the rice, with the reserved dressing drizzled over.