Almond & Picota Cherry soup
Member recipe by ashleigh_red
An almond gazpacho, a cold soup, that tastes wonderful with cherries
- 60g crustless, day-old white bread, in rough pieces
- 750ml water
- 250g blanched whole almonds
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 12 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar, or to taste
- sea salt
- 20 Picota cherries, pitted
- 3 sprigs of mint, leaves removed and chopped
- Soak the bread in the water for around 15 minutes until the pieces are soggy. Then put the softened bread and the water in a food processor with the almonds, garlic and olive oil and blitz until smooth.
- Season to taste with sherry vinegar and crushed sea salt. Transfer to a lidded container and refrigerate until the soup is well chilled; this will take 2Ã¢ÂÂ3 hours. Chill the cherrries at the same time.
- To serve: give the soup a stir and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Ladle into soup bowls (the traditional Spanish bowls with a green glaze inside make this soup look beautiful) and divide the cherries between them.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and finish with a scattering of mint leaves.