Spice Sauteed Prawns
Member recipe by laurafoodmatters
When entertaining it is hard to find a meal that promises not to compromise your diet and still impress your friends. Rather than avoiding dessert or that extra glass of wine the option of a light main course means you can tuck into your food guilt or even go for a second helping! If you're looking for inspiration then try Spice Sauteed Prawns. Created by the Interprofessional Olive Oil from Spain, the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Environment and the European Comission this utterly delicious dish is a definite plus for the repertoire.
- 12 large King Prawns
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2cm/1 in ginger, peeled and thin matchsticks
- 1 chilli, seeded and chopped
- 2 spring onions, rimmed and chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil for deglazing pan
- Sea salt
- Peeel prawns removing head, shell and vein, but leaving the tails on. Thread them onto kebab sticks.
- Heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a pa and gently fry garlic, ginger, chilli, and spring onions to soften. Add prawn kebabs and toss around to cook and turn pink.
- Transfer to a serving dish with the chopped vegetables. Add extra virgin olive oil to the pan and stir to catch all the flavours left in the pan. Pour over prawns and finish sprinkling with a little sea salt.