Carrot Coriander & Lime soup
Member recipe by linda769r
A twist on the traditional recipe with the additional of hint of lime
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- A good handful of chopped Coriander
- 1 pint Vegetable stock
- 2 Carrots, chopped
- 1 cup Red Lentils
- 2 tsp Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp natural yoghurt
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan on a low heat and add the onion, carrots, garlic and spices until the onion is soft.
- Add the lentils and stock and bring to the boil, then add the coriander. Simmer until the lentils are cooked.
- Once the lentils are soft, pour into a blender and process until smooth.
- Stir in the yoghurt and lime juice. Serve at once and garnish with chopped coriander