Salmon and Asparagus Carbonara
Member recipe by jimharryb
A light and creamy midweek meal that's inexpensive, simple and luxurious
- 400g spaghetti
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 red onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 salmon fillets (preferably skinned)
- 150g bunch asparagus
- 140ml cream
- 1 glass medium dry rose wine
- fresh basil
- a handful of fresh grated parmesan
- a knob of butter
- Preheat oven to 140ÃÂ°C. Wrap the salmon in cling film, season lightly and bake for 15 minutes until just cooked.
- Meanwhile put a large pan of water on to boil and chop the onions and garlic and fry in butter until soft.
- Cook the pasta until al dente and chop the asparagus roughly into 2cm pieces. Add to the pasta water 5 mins in.
- Turn up the heat on the onions. Add the rose and reduce. Then add the cream and cheese and reduce until a light yellow colour.
- Roughly flake the cooked salmon and add to the onions. Add the pasta and take off the heat. Add the egg yolk and stir quickly until the pasta is coated. Serve with torn basil.