Simple Spaghetti Supper
Member recipe by hayely_taylor90
quick and easy pasta dish after a busy day at work, filling and tasty, simple but so good. meaty cheesy and juicy veggies too.
- Spaghetti (enough for your liking)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 red pepper and another of your choice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- large pinch Oregano and Basil or mixed herbs
- salt and pepper
- grated cheese (to your liking)
- 1 mattessons garlic or smoked sausage, sliced or chunked.
- 1 knob of butter and olive oil
- To prepare: dice onion and slice your two pepper halves and slice or chunk your sausage, cut the ends off and peel your garlic clove.
- bring a medium/large pan of water to the boil and add your spaghetti.
- add a small knob of butter and a dash of olive oil to a medium sized pan and add the onions. allow them to soften on a medium to high heat stirring regularly add peppers, crush the garlic and add herbs to the pan cook on medium heat until peppers and onions are soft, then add the sausage. season to taste. turn to a low heat while you wait for the spaghetti.
- while waiting for the spaghetti to cook grate some cheese to sprinkle on the bottom of each plate and on top of the pasta once cooked (remember to stir regularly)
- drain pasta and add to the onions and meat mixture and toss it all together, add a layer of cheese to your plates and serve the meal, adding more cheese on top and enjoy.