Member recipe by shardz
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 30g butter
- 500g chicken breast fillet, cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 leek, white part only, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbs flour
- 1/3 cup (80ml) white wine or water
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup 1 large carrot, peeled, cooked, diced
- 1 large potato, peeled, boiled, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas, cooked
- 1 tbs chopped fresh or 1/2 tsp dried tarragon
- 4 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- oil for frying
- 2 plantains
- WHITE RICE
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon butter (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C or number 6. PREPARE YOUR INGREDIENTS.
- 1. Heat the olive oil and butter in a frypan over medium heat, add the pieces of chicken and cook until lightly browned and almost cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside. Add the leek and garlic to the pan and cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes or until softened. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute. Add water and bring to the boil for 1 minute, then pour in stock and cream and cook, stirring, for a further 5 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Return chicken to pan with cooked vegetables and tarragon, season well, then set aside to cool.
- Cut four 18cm squares from the pastry, reserving off cuts. Place some chicken mixture in the centre of each square, then lift up the sides of the pastry to form a parcel, pinching edges together to seal. Make a small pastry rose for the centre of each parcel.
- Place parcels on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Brush with beaten egg and bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
- PLANTAIN: Preheat oil over medium high. Peel the skin off and cut into small thin pieces. Fry the pieces until browned and tender.
- WHITE RICE: Pour the rice into the pot, pour the salt in and then STIR. (IF THERE IS A LOT OF STEAM... TURN DOWN THE HEAT).
- cook for 10-15mins and DO NOT LIFT THE LID!!
- ONCE ALL OF YOUR INGRDIENTS ARE COOKED, SERVE!! and then clean your station