- 300g quinoa
Tiny, bead-shaped, with a slightly bitter flavour and firm texture, quinoa may not be a…
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 85g raisins or sultana
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 200g pomegranate seeds from tub or fruit
Now mainly grown in America, Spain, the Middle East and India, pomegranates originated in the…
- 85g toasted pine nuts or toasted flaked almonds
- small pack each coriander, flat leaf parsley and mint, roughly chopped
- juice 3 lemon
Oval in shape, with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile fruits…
- 1 tsp sugar
Honey and syrups made from concentrated fruit juice were the earliest known sweeteners. Today,…
Cook the quinoa following pack instructions – it should be tender but with a little bite. Drain well and spread over a platter or wide, shallow bowl to cool quickly and steam dry.
When the quinoa is just about cool stir through all of the remaining ingredients with plenty of seasoning.