Double chocolate whoopie pies
Member recipe by leoniecourt
ServingsServes 1 - 15 Cakes
Indulgent chocolate whoopie pies with white chocolate chips and a rich chocolate ganache buttercream filling.
- 115g salted butter (at room temperature)
- 200g soft light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 240 ml buttermilk
- 260g plain flour
- 65g cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 50g white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6 and line two trays with baking parchment.
- Cream the butter and sugar using an electric whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Add the egg and beat well.
- Mix the vanilla extract into the buttermilk. Add half of this mixture to the butter mixture and beat well until combined.
- Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, salt and bicarbonate of soda. Add half of this to the butter mixture and beat well.
- Add the rest of the buttermilk mixture and then the rest of the flour mixture, beating after each addition.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Drop blobs of the dough (4-5 cm across for large/3-4 cm across for small) onto the baking sheets, leaving about 2 inches between each blob.
- Bake the cakes for 10-12 minutes until the tops are puffed and they spring back when touched.
- Decorate with chocolate ganache buttercream, chocolate glaze and white chocolate chips.