Vanilla whoopie Pies
Member recipe by leoniecourt
ServingsServes 1 - 20 Cakes
- 110g salted butter
- 115g golden caster sugar
- 115g soft light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 120 ml buttermilk
- 290g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180 fan C/gas 4 and line two trays with baking parchment.
- Cream the butter and sugar using an electric whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Add the eggs and beat well.
- Mix the vanilla extract into the buttermilk. Add this mixture to the butter mixture and beat well until combined.
- Mix together the flour, salt and baking powder. Add half of this to the butter mixture and beat well.
- Mix together the milk, vinegar and bicarbonate of soda and add this to the butter mixture. Beat to combine.
- Add the rest of the flour mixture and beat well to combine.
- Drop teaspoon sized blobs of the dough onto the baking sheets, leaving about 2 inches between each blob.
- Bake the cakes for 8-10 minutes until they are just beginning to brown.