Shao-hsing Chicken Roll
Member recipe by cutie_witch
a simple recipe for marinated chicken thighs in Shao-hsing wine served as a cold platter
- ingredients for 4 people
- 4 chicken thighs, deboned but with skin on
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 4 slices of ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 50ml of Shao-hsing wine
- Extra 1 spring onion, shredded long-ways for garnish
- Prepare the marinate sauce by mixing well spring onions, ginger, garlic, and Shao-hsing wine. Then, salt to taste.
- Marinate the deboned thighs overnight or at least 4 hours. The longer, the better. Chicken thighs, then, can absorb the fragrance of both herbs and Shao-hsing wine.
- Drain chicken thighs. Then wrap them tight in a slice of big square cling film. Fix the chicken thighs in the shape of rolls with rubber bands.
- Steam or poach the chicken rolls with boiling water for around 12 minutes and immediately put them into iced cold water to stop them cooking.
- When cool, drain the chicken rolls from iced water and refrigerate them for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Take off the cling film and slice the chicken rolls. Meanwhile, heat the Shao-hsing marinate in a small saucepan.
- Plate up and pour heated marinate on sliced Shao-hsing chicken rolls; garnish with some shredded spring onions. Done.