Sticky sausages & roasted veg
Member recipe by cakeanyone
Deliciously warm sticky chiplota & red onion salad. Perfect for both summer and winter nights!
- 16 chipolata sausages
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into about 16 pieces each
- 4-5 medium carrots, cut into large chunks
- 2 medium red onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 medium leeks, cut into 1" lengths
- 16 medium button mushrooms, halved
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 small bag of fresh spinach (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Parboil potatoes for about 5 minutes, drain and place on a large baking tray, drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil, season well and bake for 10 minutes.
- Parboil carrots for about 5 minutes, drain and mix carrots and chipolata sausages with the potatoes and ensure they are well covered with oil. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Add red onion, leeks and mushrooms, season and bake for 20 minutes.
- Mix mustard and honey together and drizzle most of it over the sausages, turning them to ensure they are well covered. Drizzle remainder over the vegetables and bake for a further 10 minutes or until everything is gorgeously sticky and cooked well (I like it very slightly charred)
- Serve on a bed of fresh spinach (optional) or with green veg.
- Delicious with some dijon/English mustard served on the side.