Mini Victoria Sponge cakes
Member recipe by foodgirl5
ServingsServes 1 - 6 Cakes
These Mini Victoria Sponge Cakes are absolutly gorgeous! And so easy to make.
- 200 grams Butter at room temperature
- 200 grams Golden Caster Sugar
- 4 Free Range Eggs
- 200 grams Self Raising Flour
- 148 ml carton double cream, whipped
- 6 tbsp raspberry jam
- Icing Sugar to dust
- We used a 12 hole silicone cake tray with straight sided 7 cm circles, but you can use fairy cake tins or the mixture will fill 12 cup cake moulds or cup cake cases, or 2 x 7in (18cm ) sponge tins
- Set oven to 180c, 160cFan, Gas 4.
- Place the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat until smooth, creamy and light. Gradually beat in the egg until creamy, adding a little flour if the mixture begins to curdle. Fold in the flour.
- Divide the mixture between the cake moulds and bake for 12-15 minutes until risen, golden and just form to the touch. Allow to cool completely. Pack in a cake tin and take on the picnic unfilled. Pack the lightly whipped cream and the jam in a separate container.
- Spread 6 cakes with the whipped cream and top with a spoonful of jam, top with the other cakes and dust with icing sugar.