Rhubarb and Rosemary Jam
Member recipe by sarahbean
ServingsServes 1 - 3 Jars
It sounds a strange combination but Rhubarb and rosemary go really well together. Why not try it with your rhubarb crumble?
- 1 Kg Rhubarb
- 1 Kg Jam sugar
- 1/2 Lemon
- 2-3 Sprigs fresh Rosemary
- 1 splash of Ginger Cordial I used bottlegreen Ginger and lemongrass (optional)
- Cut the Rhubarb into chunks and put on a low heat with the sugar.
- When the sugar has dissolved turn up the heat and add the rosemary, juice of half a lemon and a good splash of ginger cordial.
- When the sugar has dissolved turn up the heat and
- Boil for about 15 mins until it has reached setting point (about 110c or test by putting a saucer in the freezer and dipping a bit of the mix onto the plate. If after 2 mins the top has wrinkles after prodding then it is ready, if not keep cooking.
- Allow to cool for 15 mins then pour into sterilized jars