leave in the oven lamb shanks
Member recipe by jul34es
- splash of olive oil
- 4 lamb shanks as lean as possible
- 2 large onions.chopped
- 1 stick of celery,chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic,crushed
- 1lb of carrots,cut into large chunks
- handful of rosemary leaves
- 400ml veg stock
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 star anise
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- pre heat the oven to 180c/160cfan/gas 4.heat a splash of oil in a large casserole dish over a medium heat and brown the lamb shanks in batches.remove and put to one side.
- fry the onions and celery in the casseroledish before adding the garlic,carrots and rosemary.fry for around 5 mins.
- add the stock.tinned tomatoes,star anise and seasoning.bring to the boil and put the lamb shanks back in with the bonessticking out of the liquid.trickle the honey over the exposed meat and bone,cover and put in the oven for 3 hours.serve immediately.
- serve with mash and vegetables of your choice